Monday, October 6, 2014

Hey Everyone! Greetings from Grayton Beach Florida!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  So,, I'm thinking the majority of this post will be just that, pictures.  Not that our pictures are worth more than our words, but well, we figure you read this blog just to see them :)
We've had a great time our first 7 days here.  This is our second time to the Florida Panhandle and we love Grayton Beach State park, located between Panama City Beach and Destin.


Yah, I know its cockeyed, but when can you expect with a one handed shot.  White sand, blue water and 80 degrees, what's not to love.
 
We've also visited a couple other state parks close by.  Ponce De Leon Springs and Falling Waters to be specific.  Ponce De Leon is supposed to be where the fountain of youth was discovered.  So, naturally I had to try it out.  Don't feel any younger though.
 
 
The water was spring fed and crystal clear, with lots of fish.
 
We walked through the park along the spring and river.  Very swampy/bayou sort of terrain.  We were the only ones in the park.  (we being ourselves and Kennen and Terri, our cousins).
 






 
We were just about to the end of the path, I happened to be leading, probably 20 feet ahead of everyone else.  I was right next to a large tree and a rustle in the leaves startled me. I jumped. It had been so quiet.  Not a bird or squirrel in site. As I jumped I looked down next to the tree and saw this
 
I said "oh, ok"  wow profound isn't it.  Because, that my friends is a rattlesnake!  I didn't realize it.  But, when Rog ran up to see what made me jump he knew right away.  The white in the center of the picture is the snakes mouth, open wide and his rattle tail was going a mile a minute.  Rog and I had our walking sticks so we used those to keep the snake away from us while Kennen and Terri crossed the path.  I was really glad I had my walking stick!
 
After that excitement we headed to Falling Waters State park.  This park is known for the waterfall and the sinkholes.  Nice walk through the forest.
 







 
 
On the way back to our campground we had to swing through Panama City Beach and Margarittaville!
 


 
The rest of our time here has been spent "beaching it" and fishing.  So, get ready to feast your eyes on sunsets, beautiful water and us :)
 














Yes, that is Rog with a swim toy.

First try at surf fishing.


You have to walk out to cast the line.
First fish was a throw back.

Second fish was a Pompano keeper!

We went again today, the surf was much stronger and higher.  More difficult to cast out.


All that is missing from this picture is some beverages.
our own beach party

 
That's all for now, we are here till Friday.  Don't know if I'll post again before we get to Cedar Key Florida.  Which is still on the gulf side about 100 miles north of Tampa.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Take care and keep Grabnlife!


  


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have been having tons of fun! That is quite the beach set up you have:-)

    ReplyDelete